|Title:||Business Systems Analyst|
|Salary Range:||$80,029-$122,612 DOE|
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 400,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire a Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst to join our Business Information Systems team. This posting will be open until filled.
About the Position
The Management Information Systems (MIS) Analyst works with business partners throughout the organization to align technology solutions with business strategies. Goals of the MIS Analyst include planning, analysis and defining of business/application requirements while acting as the technology Point of Contact (POC) for an assigned area. Incumbents are responsible for developing clear business requirements and functional designs, facilitating work sessions and interacting with a wide variety of staff members from varied backgrounds and disciplines.
The Associate MIS Analyst supports current operations, existing systems and reports. Incumbents are expected to work on project-related tasks and responds to internal customer issues. Associate MIS Analysts assist in implementing new and supporting existing systems.
The Staff MIS Analyst differs from Associate in that incumbents at the Staff level perform more complex MIS work. Incumbents are recognized as having the experience, certifications and responsibility for making final technical decisions and have influence on the overall outcome of a project or task. This position may also be designated as Project Manager on BIS projects. Staff MIS Analysts perform under general supervision and guidance.
The Senior MIS Analyst differs from Staff MIS Analyst in that incumbents at the Senior level perform significantly more complex MIS management work. Incumbents are recognized in the work group as having the highest authority in a group. Senior level MIS Analysts manage projects including the implementation of entire programs and procedures and perform under minimal supervision and guidance.
Progression from one position title, level or designation is not automatic nor guaranteed and is based on business need.
Truckee Meadows Water Authority believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job posting is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
- Review, analyze and modify systems including installing, encoding, debugging and testing to support the organizations information systems
- Perform data analysis and generate ad-hoc reports and dashboards
- Provide strong reporting and analytics to support management team
- Provide training and develop/maintain end-user documentation
- Develop and maintain system architecture and other system information
- Research, plan and recommend new software or modifications to existing systems and processes to satisfy business requirements
- Understand customer issues and provide appropriate technical solutions
- Lead and assist the implementation of system modifications, expansions and upgrades
- Lead and assist in the development of design considerations, cost analyses and project timelines
- Conduct task process analysis while interacting with system users to identify opportunities for improvement
- Engage with software vendors and other business partners and act as point-of-contact (POC) for vendors
- Maintain a professional cognizance of tools and techniques needed to improve the quality of service
- Lead the development of business process mapping and work flow diagraming for departmental procedures
- Analyze financial impact of project decisions and make business solution recommendations.
- Deploy new systems, system updates and patches and perform system testing.
- Independently organize workload to meet deadlines
- Explain technical information to a wide variety of individuals in a clear and accurate manner
- Three (3) to ten (10) years experience (depending on level of MIS work performed) using Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, MSSQL T-SQL, Visual Basic, and basic administration of databases is required. Significant experience with SQL queries is required. Experience creating and modifying stored objects (functions, procedures, packages, triggers and views) is required. Previous experience supporting Business Intelligence Systems, ERP or CRM systems is preferred. System integration experience, particularly through the use of APIs, is preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in MIS, computer science or related field is required. Project Management experience and PMP certification is preferred.
- Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
*Other combinations of education/experience may be considered
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet TMWA Department of Motor Vehicle report criteria
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Project management principles
- Various programming languages and scripting tools
- Operating principles and fundamental concepts of data communications
- Data Warehouses and ETL tools and techniques
- Programming procedures and methods, operator instructions and program flowcharts
- System performance analysis and workflow management
- Knowledge of GUI design, programming skills and object-oriented development approaches
- Best practice techniques, methodologies and tools
Skilled in & Ability to:
- Lead software implementation projects
- Collect and analyze business requirements to identify problems and provide solutions
- Set work priorities and assign project work to other team members
- Present effective oral and written materials and presentations
- Identification, analysis and documentation of support issues
- Use the tools and techniques required for the optimization of queries and reports
- Administration and maintenance of databases
- Business Intelligence tools
- Multitask and reprioritize work in a dynamic production environment
- Strong teamwork, coordination and cross-department collaboration skills
- Understand complex database systems
TMWA is an equal employment opportunity employer who develops and maintains a work environment that values the dignity of each individual, utilizes human resources to their fullest potential and ensures a high quality workforce which reflects the diversity of the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action and an employee's caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee association, or any other protected status or category.