|Title:||Associate Design Engineer|
|Salary Range:||$74,272 - $92,840 Annualized DOE|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 385,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire an Engineer to join our Engineering department as an Associate Design Engineer.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Associate Design Engineer performs routine entry level professional engineering work associated with the design and construction of water system facilities. The Associate Design Engineer performs under the general direction of senior and principle level engineers while gaining the skills necessary to advance into the professional engineering series.
Perform preliminary engineering tasks as requested and directed by higher level professional engineers as needed to support water system facility designs including developing base mapping, research of materials and equipment, site investigations, procure and manage consultants for geotechnical investigations and surveying, preparation and submittal of permit applications and write technical specifications.
Perform a wide range of graphic system duties involving eh preparation and plotting of GIS and/or CAD designs and drawings to produce maps and charts, drawings, and other geographic information for reports, presentations and permit applications.
Update and maintain facility data sheets and on-line information for pump stations, well pumping facilities, storage tanks and pressure regulating stations; maintain and update water use data.
Write technical specifications; prepare cost estimates; prepare clear and concise technical reports.
Prepare preliminary design drawings for water system facilities and perform complex engineering calculations in support of water system facility designs.
Participate in project meetings with developers, engineers, contractors and other TMWA personnel.
In conjunction with TMWA purchasing personnel, develop and prepare bid documents and assist in the bidding process.
Review Contractor shop drawings and/or material equipment submittal data.
Perform related duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Zero to two years of increasingly responsible experience involving professional civil engineering work, computer aided design/drafting of water system facilities; operation of water distribution systems; modeling and analysis of water distribution systems; construction management; or a closely related field.
Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
Education & Training
Graduation from an accredited four year college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a closely related field is required.
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English.
Conditions of Continued Employment
Possession of an Engineer-In-Training or an Engineering Intern Certificate is required.
A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet TMWA Dept. of Motor Vehicle report criteria.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Principles of civil engineering and hydraulics
- Operation of water supply and distribution systems
- General construction methods, techniques and materials
- Principles of civil/mechanical drafting, GIS mapping and computer aided design
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers, printers, plotters, copiers, etc.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations
- Principles of contracts and contract management
- Pertinent company, industry and professional standards
- Write and or interpret and understand engineering design drawings, contractor shop drawings, process and instrumentation schematics, technical specifications & contract provisions
- Utilize AutoCAD to prepare preliminary engineering design drawings
- Utilize Excel and other proprietary software to perform complex hydraulic and structural engineering design calculations
- Effectively manage time and handle multiple simultaneous projects and project tasks.
- Professionally represent TMWA in meetings with outside agencies and make presentations as required
- Operate a variety of computer equipment and software relative to the assigned area of responsibility
- Respond to requests and inquiries from developers, engineers, contractors and public
- Establish & maintain effective working relationships
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Be punctual regarding work hours established by TMWA
Be mentally and physically alert during working hours TMWA is an equal employment opportunity employer who develops and maintains a work environment that values the dignity of each individual, utilizes human resources to their fullest potential and ensures a high quality workforce which reflects the diversity of the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action and an employee’s caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee association, or any other protected status or category.