|Title:||Construction Management Coordinator|
|Salary Range:||$86,044- $107,554 DOE|
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 400,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire a Construction Management Coordinator to join our Engineering team.
About the Position:
This position is responsible for ensuring that water distribution system and treatment plant improvements are constructed and installed in accordance with plans and specifications, TMWA and other applicable standards, construction and environmental permits, and the terms and conditions of the construction contract while coordinating closely with Operations, the Design Engineer and the Purchasing Coordinator.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works independently to monitor and accept water system facilities constructed by outside contractors.
- Coordinates project-related efforts with Project Engineers, Project Managers, Bargaining Unit Inspectors, Special Inspectors, Geotechnical Consultants, Materials Testing Firms, other departments and governmental agencies.
- Reviews design drawings for projects to determine constructability.
- Interprets engineering design drawings, contractor shop drawings, process and instrumentation schematics, technical specifications and contract provisions.
- Reviews contractors’ work schedules to make sure contract construction work is completed in accordance with company imposed deadlines.
- Schedules and coordinates outages with Operations.
- Reviews and approves contractors’ invoices for payment.
- Administration of the construction contracts, including negotiation of contract provisions, agreements, change orders and resolution of claims.
- Coordinates and receives TMWA pre-purchased materials and equipment.
- Keeps daily logs of contractors’ construction activities and prepares status reports.
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with applicable safety laws and regulations and environmental permits.
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
- Four to six years of increasingly responsible experience involving construction methods and project management in water system facilities; operation of water distribution systems; construction management of water projects; or a closely related field. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work with project teams.
Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
Education & Training
- Nevada Water Distribution and Water Treatment certifications are desired but not required.
Conditions of Continued Employment
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet TMWA Department of Motor Vehicle report criteria
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Principles and practices of project management and construction management.
- Extensive knowledge of construction and maintenance for water supply, treatment and distribution systems.
- General construction methods, techniques and materials.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers, printers, plotters, copiers, etc.
- Pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles of construction contracts and contract administration.
- Pertinent company, industry and professional standards.
- Communicate effectively on a technical level with treatment and maintenance personnel, contractors and trade specialists.
- Participate in pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Effectively use computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, databases, e-mail and customer information system.
- Professionally represent TMWA in meetings with outside agencies and make presentations as required.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from developers, engineers, contractors and the general public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Coordinate and interface between the Engineering group and external customers and other TMWA departments.
- Ensure seamless transition of completed construction projects to Operations.
- Be punctual regarding work hours established by TMWA.
- Be mentally and physically alert during working hours.
TMWA is an equal employment opportunity employer who develops and maintains a work environment that values the dignity of each individual, utilizes human resources to their fullest potential and ensures a high quality workforce which reflects the diversity of the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action and an employee’s caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee association, or any other protected status or category.