|Title:||Treatment and Distribution Water Plant Operator (Grade II or Grade III)|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 400,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire a Treatment & Distribution Water Plant Operator (Grade II or Grade III) in our Operations Department.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Treatment & Distribution Water Plant Operator (Grade II or Grade III) will have completed an apprenticeship and/or equivalent level of training or appropriate certification and is responsible for the production of safe and clean drinking water in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations and restrictions.
- Operates pumps and valves to regulate the flow of water through canals and treatment plants and will coordinate the rate of flow with demand, storage and other operating needs.
- Operates the overall distribution system through the company's SCADA system and uses the SCADA system to start, stop, and take out of service for work whatever part of the distribution system is required for the efficient delivery of water to customers.
- Performs such record keeping functions such as log of plant operations, test results, maintenance work performed, unusual operating conditions and special reports as required.
- Takes samples of water at regular intervals and makes such control tests required to ensure the efficient production of a safe product for public consumption.
- Performs tests and adjusts chemical feed equipment to ensure optimal performance of treatment plant process.
- Makes limited repairs and adjustments, for which training has been provided.
- Receives supplies delivered during shift and ensure that they are properly stored.
Experience, Education & Training:
Any combination of training
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURE & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Must maintain State of Nevada Grade II or Grade III, Water Treatment and Water Distribution Certificates or equivalent.
A valid Nevada (or California – depending on state of residency) Driver License at time of hire and continuing thereafter and ability to maintain insurability under TMWA’s vehicle insurance policy.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation during hire and periodically thereafter during employment.
This position is considered a safety sensitive position and employment is contingent upon the results of drug and/or alcohol testing which includes screening for marijuana. The presence of marijuana or other screened for substances on any employment related substance test may result in a refusal to hire or termination of employment.
TMWA is an equal opportunity employer. It is TMWA’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race (including traits associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, gender, religion, age, national origin, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. TMWA’s commitment to equal opportunity includes all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, job placement, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, advancement, and termination.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action, and an employee’s caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race (including traits associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, gender, religion, age, national origin, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military and/or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
TMWA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 775-834-8294.
TMWA is committed to providing a safe work environment and to fostering the health and well-being of our employees. That commitment is jeopardized when any of our employees illegally use drugs at home or at work, comes to work under the influence, possesses, distributes, or sells drugs in the workplace, or abuses alcohol on the job. As part of our commitment to safeguard the well-being of our employees and to provide a safe environment for everyone, TMWA has established a drug-free workplace policy.