|Title:||Water Treatment Equipment Specialist Assistant|
|Salary Range:||$ 33.89 - $40.87|
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 385,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire a Water Treatment Equipment Specialist Assistant to join our Water Treatment department.
About the Position
This classification is intended to be an on the job training position lasting no longer than three (3) years. The purpose of this training position is to enable incumbents to gain the practical work experience, knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of a Water Treatment Equipment Specialist. Additionally, the time spent working in the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist Assistant classification will afford incumbents ample opportunity to obtain the requisite licensing and certifications necessary to perform the duties of a Water Treatment Equipment Specialist.
When a Water Treatment Equipment Specialist Assistant has reached the top step of their wage progression and has successfully met all requirements for advancement to the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist Classification, they will automatically be reclassified to the classification and wage rate of the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist, and the company will not be required to post a Water Treatment Equipment Specialist vacancy.
If the incumbent has not obtained all necessary requirements to be reclassified within three (3) years from the time of appointment, the company will endeavor to relocate the incumbent into a vacant position for which incumbent is qualified. If no such vacancy exists, the incumbent will no longer be eligible to continue working in Water Treatment Equipment Specialist Assistant Classification.
- Assist the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist classifications in the operation and routine maintenance of water treatment equipment, machinery and instrumentation including flow meters.
- Conduct water treatment tests including determination of coagulant and purification dosage as well as modify existing water treatment systems when needed and be capable of recognizing the need for making these changes and makes recommendations related thereto.
- Keeps accurate records of plant operations and maintenance, chemical usage, purchases and other special reports as required.
- Assists in maintaining proper stock of water treatment chemicals for all plants.
- Through on the job training learn all aspects of the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist classification.
Within 3 years from appointment attain all necessary requirements of the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist classification.
- Grade I Treatment and Grade I Distribution (full or Operator in Training (OIT))
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet TMWA Department of Motor Vehicle report criteria.
- Within 6 months must obtain & maintain a NV CDL Class B with a HME (Hazardous Materials Endorsement)
- Within 1 year must obtain & maintain OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER certification
- Within 2 years must obtain & maintain Backflow Specialist & Assembly Tester Certifications
- Within 3 years must attain all necessary requirements of the Water Treatment Equipment Specialist position.
TMWA is an equal employment opportunity employer who develops and maintains a work environment that values the dignity of each individual, utilizes human resources to their fullest potential and ensures a high quality workforce which reflects the diversity of the community.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action and an employee’s caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee association, or any other protected status or category.