|Title:||IT Help Desk Technician|
|Salary Range:||$28.2135 - $34.5615 DOE|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Truckee Meadows Water Authority (TMWA) is a not-for-profit, community-owned water utility, overseen by elected officials and citizen appointees from Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County. TMWA has a highly skilled workforce who ensure the around-the-clock treatment, delivery and availability of high-quality drinking water for more than 385,000 residents of the Truckee Meadows.
We are looking to hire an IT Help Desk Technician to join our IT Department.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Help Desk Technician provides a wide array of support to end users on a variety of technology issues.
This position identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems on user computers, servers, email and information systems; responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support; documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution and maintains information systems high availability, data integrity, data security, and hardware and software reliability.
- Provide support to end users on a variety of computer hardware, software, operating system, and application issues
- Operate, monitor, and troubleshoot computer equipment. Perform routine tasks to maintain computer equipment and ensure availability for daily operations
- Keep computer equipment, hardware, and software updated to meet organizational needs
- Address information technology issues within the organization in accordance with organizational policies and goals
- Support the deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, desktop PC, hardware, software, operating systems and distributed printers
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain telecommunications equipment as directed
- Troubleshoot network access problems and implement network security policies and procedures.
- Ensure network (LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice) security access and protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction
- Assist the IT Manager in determining the organization's strategic (long-term) and operational (daily) systems needs, hardware and software acquisitions, and project leadership and implementation to accomplish the organization's business objectives
A minimum of two years of experience in a support position in the Information Technology field
Education & Training
An Associate’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Technology is required
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English
Conditions of Continued Employment
A valid driver’s license and the ability to meet TMWA Department of Motor Vehicle report criteria
Having obtained or progress toward obtaining certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and/or other applicable certifications is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Computer operating systems and basic-level computer programming
Basic data communications network functionality
Basic voice communications network functionality
Basic server-client based system functionality
Basic server domain system functionality
Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment
Computer-based applications, including office suites, database applications, in-house applications
Basic internet architecture, infrastructure, applications, routing and troubleshooting
Basic technological troubleshooting methodology and practical troubleshooting skills for operating systems, applications, hardware, and wiring plants
Modern help desk procedures, diagnostic software, and systems for identifying, tracking, solving, and documenting problems
Help users understand how to use computers to increase their productivity
Help users understand operating systems, hardware, software, and applications
Help users maintain basic data security procedures and practices
Troubleshoot hardware, software, operating systems, and application problems
Utilize various diagnostic software programs to determine the health of computer systems
Understand and follow help desk best practices for handling user, hardware, software, systems, and networks
Respond to requests and inquiries from the user community in a timely and cheerful manner
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
Operate as consistently contributing member and representative of the IT team
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
TMWA is an equal employment opportunity employer who develops and maintains a work environment that values the dignity of each individual, utilizes human resources to their fullest potential and ensures a high quality workforce which reflects the diversity of the community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
All decisions affecting any terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, salary, disciplinary action and an employee’s caregiving responsibilities, will be made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, membership in an employee association, or any other protected status or category.